Total views : 304
Scaffolding as Effective Method for Mathematical Learning
Scaffolding is a mechanism for observing the process by which a learner is helped to achieve his or her potential learning. Regard to nature of scaffolding, it seems that scaffolding process can have an effect on learning and teaching procedure. In the present study, researchers have studied primary nature of scaffolding method in mathematical learning, then introduced mathematical samples through scaffolding method. Finally researchers have provided many strategies for better implementation of scaffolding method on mathematical learning and teaching.
Mathematics, Scaffolding, Education, Zone of Proximal Development (ZPD), Learning
- Berk LE (2000) Child development. Boston: Allyn & Bacon.
- Bodrova E and Leong D (1996) The Vygotski an approach to early childhood. Columbus, Ohio:Merrill, Imprint of Prentice Hall.
- Briars DJ and Resnick LB (2000) Standards, assessments—and what else? The essential elements of standards-based school improvement (CSE Technical Report 528). Retrieved September 28, 2008, from ttp://www.cse.ucla.edu/products/ Reports/TECH528.pdf
- Bruner JS (1983) Child’s talk: Learning to use language. Oxford: Oxford Univ. Press.
- Eggen P and Kauchak D(2001) Educational psychology: Windows on classroom (5thed.).Upper saddle river, NJ: Merrill, Practice-Hall.
- Maybin J, Mercer N andStierer B (1992) Scaffolding in the classroom. In K. Norman (Ed.), Thinking voices: The work of the National oracy project. London:Hodder and Stoughton.
- Mercer N (1995) The guided construction of knowledge. Clevedon, UK Multilingual Matters.
- Piaget J (1973) The child's conception of the world. London: Routlege.
- Santrock JW (2004) Educational psychology (2nd& 3rded.). NY.McGraw-Hill.
- Slavin RE (2006) Educational psychology: Theory and practice (8thed.). NY. Pearson.
- Vygotsky LS (1978) Mind in society: the development of higher mental process. Cambridge, MA. Harward Univ. Press.
- Stone CA (1993) What is missing in the metaphor of scaffolding? In E. Forman, N. Minick, & C.A.
- Stone (1993), Contexts for learning: Sociocultural dynamics in children's learning. Oxford: OxfordUniv. Press.
- Vygotsky LS (1981)The genesis of higher mental functions. In J.V. Wretsch (Ed.). The concept of activity in social psychology. Arnonk, NY.Sharpe.
- Woolfolk AE (2004) Educational psychology (10thed.). Boston: Pearson.
- Wells G (1999) Dialogic inquiry: Toward a sociocultural practice and theory of education.Cambridge.Cambridge Univ. Press.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.